Patent Referral Services
Importance of Getting a Patent
As an inventor, getting a patent is important. Product protection is vital because it helps safeguard your invention or idea. A patent can protect any design, process or product that meets a set of specifications according to its utility, practicality, originality, and suitability. In general, a patent can help protect your invention for about 20 years and it starts the moment you file the patent.
The next step is to determine the kind of patent you need.
Safeguard your invention idea and ensure your intellectual property is protected with a patent. Book your free confidential consultation today.
The information provided on this site contains information from the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Invent and Present does not provide any legal advice. We do refer our clients to independent patent attorneys.
Research, Prepare & Protect
Research, Prepare & Protect
Kinds of Patents
Patents come in three types, and they are:
- Utility PatentThese kinds of patents are granted to inventors or people that discover a new and useful process, article of manufacture, machine, compositions of matters, or any new and useful improvement. This is one of the most popular patents inventors use for product protection.
- Design patentThis patent is granted to an inventor that comes up with an original, new, and ornamental design which can be used for an article of manufacture.
- Plant patentIs granted to an inventor who discovers and asexually reproduces a unique and new plant variety.
- Why You Should Hire A Patent AttorneyPreparing a patent application and carrying out proceedings in USPTO (the United States Patent and Trademark Office) to get a patent requires the skills of a professional in patent law. The patent attorney also has to be conversant with USPTO practices and procedures, together with an in-depth knowledge of technical and scientific matters involved in a specific invention. In some cases, you’ll find inventors that decide to file their own applications and carry out the proceedings themselves. However, unless they study these matters in detail or are very knowledgeable in this field, they may encounter some difficulty. Although a patent can be obtained by people that aren’t skilled in this field, there’s no assurance that the obtained patent will protect the invention adequately. To be on the safe side, most inventors hire registered patent attorneys to ensure nothing is out of place. So getting patent help should be a priority for any inventor looking to market their inventions to manufacturers. As an inventor, there are certain things you need to know which are extremely important.
- Patent PendingPatent-pending is a legal term used with any patentable product or process to show that a patent has been applied for. However, it hasn’t been granted.
- Provisional Patent Application FormsA provisional patent application lets you file without a declaration, oath, or formal patent claim, including any information disclosure – prior art – statement.
- Patent Referral ServicesThis service is ideal for new product inventors at any stage of development. At Invent and Present, we work with inventors and manufacturers of all sizes. In addition, we offer low-cost patent referral services to help established and budding inventors achieve their goals. We’re with you every step of the way. We do all this while protecting your most important asset, your invention, throughout the entire process. Our primary belief is that inventors are the best promoters of their inventions. We also believe that the success of any invention is largely dependent on the active participation from the inventors themselves. Therefore, we provide the resources and tools that can help turn these inventions into sustainable businesses.
- Patent SearchThe purpose of the patentability search and opinion is to find out if your invention may be patentable by searching relevant prior art. Upon review of your enabling disclosure, the patent attorney or firm will assess your “enabling disclosure” against domestic and foreign patents and patent publications and provide a written report of the findings. A sincere effort is made to locate the most pertinent art available when conducting a search. Misclassified patents, missing patents, misinformation from Examiners regarding search fields, undisclosed features, and other circumstances beyond our control may limit the results of the search efforts. However, every effort will be made to provide you with prompt and efficient services and to keep you fully informed of the efforts made on your behalf. To help you make an informed decision regarding the protection of your invention, you will be provided with digital copies (hard copies available upon request) of documents generated during the course of your representation.
Do you have an idea you are looking to patent and protect?
"Setting goals is the first step of turning the invisible into the visible"
- Tony Robbins